Download MP3 music demo of the Korg EA-1 (size: 469K)
The Korg ElecTribe Analog
When you're laying down your next big groove, you need the phattest, most aggressive
analog synth sounds possible. You need to call on the 'Tribe. Korg's new ElecTribe
series uses the ultimate in analog modeling to give you the richest, most versatile analog-style
sounds out there. And with unlimited realtime control of every sound parameter, you know
your sound will be just that -- yours.
- Build analog sounds by using the ElecTribe A's waveform, filter and effect knobs
- (2 VCO + 1 VCF) x 2 parts
- Create two-part sequenced phrases using the two analog modeling tone generators
- Input external audio sources into the ElecTribe A, process them with its resonant filter or effects knobs, and then sync them to your sequence
- Modulate the oscillator using Ring Modulation, Sync, or Decimator
- Record filter or effect knob movements of the Synthesizer section in realtime using the "Motion sequence" function
- Store a total of 256 (64 x 4 banks) phrases or patterns plus 16 songs consisting of multiple patterns
- Sync the ElecTribe A to other MIDI devices using tap tempo or MIDI clock, or tap in the beat and sync to a turntable or other non-MIDI sound sources
- Use the Tempo delay, chorus/flanger, and distortion effects to finesse your sounds and patterns
- Control the ElecTribe A from an external sequencer and use it as a MIDI expansion tone generator
- The ElecTribe A is a compact analog modeling synth box that lets you create analog synthesizer, bass, and sound effect sounds simply - just tweak the knob that controls each element of the sound as on an analog synthesizer. Operation is easy and intuitive because the results of moving the knobs are reflected immediately in the sound. The sounds you create on this compact synthesizer can be input to the internal sequencer to create phrases
The ElecTribe A is a compact analog modeling synth box that lets you create analog synthesizer,
bass, and sound effect sounds simply - just tweak the knob that controls each element of the
sound as on an analog synthesizer. Operation is easy and intuitive because the results of
moving the knobs are reflected immediately in the sound. The sounds you create on this compact
synthesizer can be input to the internal sequencer to create phrases.
The ultimate in analog sounds
Having produced classic analog synthesizers such as the "Mini Korg 700," the "PS series,"
and the "MS series," Korg has a long history of analog sound creation experience.
The ElecTribe A takes advantage of years of know-how to simulate every detail of these classic
analog sounds. The ElecTribe A contains two of the analog modeling tone generators made famous
on Korg's "Prophecy" and "Z1" synthesizers. So you can generate the warm, fat tone and rich
distortion that make analog sounds stand out. Dedicated knobs for each parameter allow you to
quickly tweak your sounds until you've programmed the perfect patch.
Audio input for more sound flexibility
In addition to the two sounds you can program using the ElecTribe A's internal tone generators,
you can take sound creation a step further with the external Audio Input. First found on Korg's
classic MS-20 analog patching synthesizer, this capability lets you use external audio
signals as a sound source that can be synced to the rhythms you create on the ElecTribe A.
Plus, you can use the ElecTribe A's filters and effects to process these sounds and mold
your own unique sonic creations.
Input by step or in real time
The built-in step sequencer with 16 pad keys makes it easy for you to program patterns from
the sounds you create. Each pad keys lights up so you can easily see what rhythm a part is
programmed to play. The pad keys can also be played as a pitched keyboard in either step
or real time.
Tweak your sounds with the 'Motion Sequence' function
Volume dynamics and filter frequencies of the sounds or patterns you create can be modified
using the knobs. You can record these changes into the sequencer precisely as you make them.
Use this capability to create continuous shifts in the sounds or to gradually apply an effect,
creating phrases that include tonal changes. Phrases you create can be stored as a pattern that
includes a chosen knob movement, and up to 256 1 to 4-bar patterns can be stored in internal
Control it from an external source
The ElecTribe A can also be controlled from an external sequencer, keyboard, or sampler to
function as an analog sound tone generator, or set up to control or be controlled by other
hardware or computer-based sequencers.
Korg ElecTribe Analog Specifications:
|Sound Generation :||Analog modeling|
|Memory Capacity :||256 patterns, 16 songs|
|Effects :||Distortion, Tempo delay, chorus/flanger|
|Sequencer :||(Pattern) 64 steps maximum per part, motion sequence, 1 parameter per part, 64 events (Song) 256 patterns maximum per song, event recording 65500 events maximum.|
|Connectors :||PART 1/MIX, PART 2 (1/4" phone jack - mono x 2), Phones, MIDI IN/OUT/THRU, Audio In.|
|Dimensions :||300(W) x 222.5(D) x 53.4(H)mm|
|11.8"(W) x 8.8"(D) x 2.1" (H)|
|Weight :||1.25kg / 2.76 lbs|