Ensoniq Fizmo Rack
In response to the overwhelming requests from dealers and customers worldwide, Ensoniq announces
the Fizmo rack, a 5U rack-mount version of the successful real-time Transwave
synth. Fizmo rack utilizes real-time Transwave synthesis, a powerful synthesis engine capable
of 48-voice polyphony, state-of-the-art 20-bit output converters, 24-bit on-board effects with
41 algorithms including the new Ensoniq Vocoder, an arpeggiator with 118 editable patterns,
and a Flash OS that is user upgradeable via the internet.
You can view the default presets or download Free Sounds.
Exclusive transwave synthesis
Ensoniq's Transwaves form the foundation of Fizmo rack's sound. A Transwave is a single
"waveform" made up of a series of sequential wavetables. These wavetables evolve over time
from one wave to another. Some Transwaves have dramatically different wavetables that
produce a rhythmic effect, rather than an evolution of the sound. "Transwaves remove a major
limitation of wavetable synthesizers, that is the waveform being played is usually
static and has no change in harmonic structure over time, other than by filtering it.
Transwaves allow a sound to evolve subtly or dramatically, slowly or quickly over
time, producing a richly animated, complex sound," says Bob Yannes, Ensoniq chief engineer.
Vocoder with audio input
Fizmo Rack includes a mic input to access the Vocoder, one of the most popular features of the
Fizmo keyboard. This input may also be routed to any of the 41 insert effects for powerful
processing capabilities. Presets include emulations of classic Vocoder modes as well as
modern voicings. "Fizmo's Vocoder has been extremely well received," says Joe Kramer, Ensoniq
Product Manager, "for less than the price of some stand-alone Vocoders customers can
own a Fizmo Rack."
Fizmo rack's arpeggiator includes 118 musically useful patterns. A "Tap Tempo"' button is
provided, making it easy to lock in to a live performance. All rhythmic components of Fizmo
rack's sound, including the arpeggiator and LFO's, are synced together and will automatically
lock to an incoming MIDI clock, making it ideal for Techno/Electronica music production.
Real-time control interface
A real-time control interface is coupled with Fizmo rack's advanced wavetable synth engine,
creating a truly interactive playing experience. Every programming function has it's own
dedicated knob or button. Five Fizmo tweak knobs provide real-time performance modulation to
the Fizmo rack sounds. Each knob conirols all current sounds within a preset simultaneously
and may address several controllers, allowing the player to make dramatic, real-time changes.
In addition, all controls may be recorded in real-time to an external sequencer. Additionally,
a version of SoundDiver, Emagic's cross-platform editing software is included, providing users
with access to all parameters via computer.
- five Fizmo real-time control knobs
- four dedicated Sound buttons allow convenient selection, layering and key range assignment of presets
- 17 dedicated Sound and Effect editing knobs
- all four zones can play local sounds or external MIDI sources
- 48 dynamically assigned voices
- Dual layer voice architecture with the following parameters (per layer): Independent waveform selection, Volume, and Pan
- four-pole dynamic digital low-pass resonant filters with key tracking (33 settings, including fractional scaling)
- three envelope generators that can be modulated by velocity, key scaling, and response to release velocity
- 22 modulation sources, 8 modulation destinations
- one LFO (seven waveform choices can sync to Arpeggiator or external MIDI clock)
- variable rate noise generator can sync to Arpeggiator or external MIDI Octave, semi-tone, and fine tuning
- pitch tracking (33 settings, including fractional scaling)
- 45 ROM pitch tables (256 steps per semi-tone resolution)
- glide mode, glide time
- mono/poly playback
- programmable pitch bend range
- sustain on/off
Ensoniq Fizmo Rack Specifications:
|Maximum Polyphony :||48 voices|
|Memory Capacity Presets :||64|
|Data Encoding :||20-bit|
|Sound Memory :||4 MB|